We are searching for the newest member of our team! Check out the Job Description below for a Part-Time Production Assistant position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (so don't delay!). Please include a cover letter.
Production Assistant Job Description
We are now hiring a part-time Production Assistant. The successful candidate will work in our fast-paced, high-volume roasting facility and be a critical member of the Production team. The right candidate is a team player who can learn quickly and take direction well. This person must also be professional, self-motivated and have a sense of humor!
All Dean’s Beans employees are expected to communicate with each other in a mature, respectful and supportive manner to effectively perform their jobs in a work-team environment.
Individual is responsible for assigned duties in the production of coffee and other products for fulfilling customer orders, as set out by the Production Team Supervisor. The Production Assistant will ensure accuracy of processing customer orders in a timely and high-quality manner.
The Production Assistant duties will include:
- Filling bags of coffee
- Grinding coffee
- Packing Orders for shipments
- Filling backstock (green beans, hot chocolate, sugar, samplers, etc)
- Quality control
- Anything required to keep production flowing smoothly, per the Production Team Supervisor
Production assistants will be cross-trained in duties to support surges of production, fill in for employee absences, and other activities as it supports the business. Production Assistants will operate in a safe environment and take no actions that jeopardize the safety of themselves or their coworkers. Employees are responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area at all times. The Production Team Supervisor may also periodically assign the Production Assistant other duties that directly or indirectly support production, workflow or facility cleanliness and safety.
Working with the Production Team Supervisor, Human Resource Manager, and Office Manager, employees will participate in improvement projects, production enhancements and other activities promoting the growth and well being of Dean’s Beans. Employees will communicate with each other in a mature, respectful and supportive manner to effectively perform their jobs in a work-team environment.
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to follow direction
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- This job involves prolonged periods of standing and some heavy lifting
- Requires initiative and mental concentration to learn new skills
- Exercises independent judgment, initiative and decision-making.
- Follows all safety procedures
- Reliable transportation. Please be aware that our facility is in a rural area with out nearby public transportation.
- Must provide proof of negative COVID-19 test prior to starting
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Starting salary $15.00/hour
- Paid sick time and paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- All the coffee you can drink!
Please send your letter of interest and resume via email to: email@example.com. For questions, call 978-544-2002. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Position starts immediately.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.