Dean is no stranger to TV, but now he's branching out into baking videos! Recently, Dean teamed up with local Organic Gourmet Leslie Cerier to bake up some amazing Espresso Cookies using some of our Sweet Justice products, as well as our Timor Coffee. These delicious cookies are vegan AND gluten-free.
Leslie Cerier’s Espresso Cookies
Easy to prepare, these delicious cookies are great for snacking and dessert. And they are vegan and gluten-free.
Makes 1 dozen
1 cup teff flour
¼ cup Dean's Beans organic baking cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons ground Dean's Beans fair trade organic coffee, Timor
½ teaspon sea salt
1/2 cup organic maple syrup
1/3 cup melted organic extra virgin coconut oil
12 Dean's Beans organic dark UFO discs (dark chocolates)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the UFO Chocolate Discs to form a smooth dough.
3. Shape the dough into walnut size balls, and gently press them into 3-inch rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Place on the cookie sheet 3/4-inch apart. Put one UFO chocolate disc on the center of each cookie.
4. Bake 10 minutes, or until they lose their sheen. Remove from the oven.
5. Cool at least 10 minutes before touching and serving.
Leslie Cerier, “The Organic Gourmet” developed this recipe for Deans Beans in 2017. Please visit www.lesliecerier.com
Recipe Copyright © 2017 Leslie Cerier. All Rights Reserved to Leslie Cerier.