We are searching for the newest member of our team! Check out the Job Description below for a Full-time Administrative Assistant position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (so don't delay!) but we will accept applications until April 16th. Please include a cover letter.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Dean’s Beans Organic Coffee Company is a family-owned certified organic, fair trade coffee roaster located in Orange, Massachusetts. Our mission is to use high-quality specialty coffee as a vehicle for positive change throughout the coffee lands of Asia, Africa and the Americas. We create real change through ethical business practices that are rooted in respect for the earth, the farmer, our co-workers and the consumer. We became a certified B Corporation in 2018, solidifying our business as a force for good.
We are now hiring a full-time, hourly Administrative Assistant position for 30-40 hours per week. This position will work in our fast-paced, high-volume office here at the roasting facility. This position will work directly with the Office Manager and other office staff on a variety of administrative tasks, ranging from customer service, order fulfillment, account management, general administration, and office organization. The successful candidate must have strong computer skills, and is comfortable learning new computer programs and troubleshooting IT issues.
The successful candidate must have strong customer service experience and excellent phone skills, be a fast-learner, a team player, highly responsible, and have a strong work ethic. This person must also be professional, self-motivated, flexible and have a positive attitude. We will look to the Administrative Assistant to aid the current Office Team and company during a time of growth.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Answering and fielding incoming phone calls
- Responding in a kind, gracious manner to customer service requests – either by phone or by email - and taking necessary action
- Checking messages daily, responding as necessary, and passing orders to Office Manager
Accounts & Ordering
- Updating Wholesale Accounts contact information as needed
- Help Office Manager manage Amazon Seller Marketplace
- Helping ensure that all orders are handled correctly
- Assisting in various bookkeeping tasks related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable – entering bills, mailing payments, etc.
- Assisting in website content management for Dean’s Beans site
- Troubleshooting website issues
- Providing real-time website support for online retail customers
- Purchasing office and production supplies
- Assisting with resolving in-house IT issues
- Helping on the Production floor as necessary
- Filing, archiving, and organizing
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as needed and requested by office staff
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or higher
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with computer skills - Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- 1-3+ years’ experience working in an office setting
- Proven ability to work effectively on a small team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner
- Proven attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic and integrity
- Sound decision making skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude and takes initiative
- Sense of humor
- Flexibility and resourcefulness when faced with competing and changing priorities
- Experience in the following computer and software programs a plus:
- File Maker Pro
- Shopify eCommerce platform
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full health insurance coverage and deductible reimbursement
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Generous retirement package including 401k, and Life Insurance
- All the coffee you can drink!
Please send your letter of interest and resume to Hiring Team via email: email@example.com. For questions, call 978-544-2002. Resumes without a letter of interest will not be considered.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. All applications must be received by April 16th for consideration.
Dean's Beans is an equal opportunity employer. We value respect and inclusivity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status covered by applicable law.